2018 SHAMSHER PRAKASH ANNUAL PRIZE FOR EXCELLENCE IN TEACHING OF GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING
The Shamsher Prakash Foundation solicits nomination (no application) for the “2018 SHAMSHER PRAKASH PRIZE FOR EXCELLENCE IN TEACHING OF GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING” for young teachers (less than 40 years old). Nominations are invited so as to reach the Honorary Secretary on or before September 1, 2018.The candidate’s area of expertise should be Geotechnical Engineering and/or Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering. The candidate must have significant record of teaching excellence and show promise of continued excellence. The Prize consists of US $1100.00 and a plaque. The nominations may be made on plain paper. The age may be relaxed in exceptional cases at the discretion of the judging committee.
All nominations will be reviewed by a Judging Committee of International Experts from Canada, India, Ireland, and the United States. The award will be announced by December 31, 2018. Suitable arrangements will be made for awarding the Prize at an appropriate ceremony in the country of residence of the winner.
PARTICULARS FOR NOMINATION
Please send a complete nomination package in PDF format to the Foundation electronically and 1 CD-R by mail. The following information must be included in the order listed below:
NOTE: Since teaching excellence can be demonstrated many different ways, the nominator and referees are requested to clearly state the criteria they used to justify their nominee’s teaching excellence.
However, the following criteria are initially suggested; 1) LEADERSHIP IN TEACHING, 2) SCHOLARSHIP OF TEACHING, 3) EFFECETIVENESS OF TEACHING, 4) RELEVANCE OF TEACHING TO GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING PRACTICE, AND 5) PEER REVIEWS OF TEACHING
- Name of the Candidate with complete mailing address, phone number, fax number, E-mail address, date of birth, and age as of December 31, 2018
- Nomination letter/s including a statement of 500 words outlining Significant Contributions towards Excellence in Teaching. (SEE NOTE ABOVE)
- Two to Four more letters of recommendation (SEE NOTE ABOVE)
- Chronology of education received
- Chronology of jobs held
- Area of specialization
- List of refereed publications and grants related to teaching
- One color digital photo (at least 300 dpi) with citation for listing
- Any other relevant information.
Please make sure to put all the above information in a single PDF file only not to exceed 5MB size
For any other further information, please contact: Professor Shamsher Prakash