2018 SHAMSHER PRAKASH RESEARCH AWARD*
Shamsher Prakash Foundation solicits nomination (no application) for the 2018 SHAMSHER PRAKASH RESEARCH AWARD for young engineers, scientists and researchers (40 years or younger) from all over the world. Nominations are invited so as to reach the Honorary Secretary on or before September 1, 2018.
The candidates should be specialists in Geotechnical Engineering and/or Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering and it is necessary that they have significant independent contributions and show promise of excellence in research.
The Award consists of cash prize US $1100.00 and a plaque. The nominations may be made on a plain paper and submitted electronically.
All nominations will be reviewed by a Judging Committee of International Experts from Canada, Australia, Hongkong, Japan, and United States and the award will be announced by December 31, 2018. Suitable arrangements will be made for making the award at a function/event which the awardee may choose.
*For nominations from India, please contact
For SP Award of Excellence in the Practice of Geotechnical Engineering, please see details on the website www.yoga10.org
PARTICULARS FOR NOMINATION
( Please note the new cut off date )
Please send only ONE complete nomination package in PDF format(Max:5MB) to the Foundation electronically and 1 CD-R by mail. The following information must be included in this order in each folder:
- Name of the Candidate with complete postal address and telephone, fax number, E-mail, date of birth, age on September 1, 2018,
- Letter of Nomination including a statement of 500 words of the Significant Contributions and/or international impact and future potential
- Two to Four or more letters of recommendation
- Chronology of education
- Chronology of jobs held
- Area of specialization
- Complete list of refereed publication in journals only (please attach not more than three (3) significant recent publications).
- One 5″ x 7″ color digital photo with citation for listing, if winner
- Any other relevant information.
Please make sure to put all the above information in a single PDF file only not to exceed 5MB size
For any further information, please contact: